Laura Crapo aka Laura Borealis

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A grasshopper was throwing itself against my door and trying to jump really high to get in. I showed it the garden.
Yesterday I was watching some Anne Murray videos and was struck by how pretty she is and what a strong voice she has. I was wishing her hair had been longer and she was fronting a rock band. If I could go back in time and produce an album for her, I'd have her wear elbow length hair, a cute mini dress and singing some ballads, but some stuff like early Black Sabbath. But you know, with the right lyrics. Her rock potential was not mined completely.
Imagine, instead of her covering the Log, she was singing Paranoid. Too much. She can sing circles around people. I hope there's some demo tapes of her singing hard rock in the 70's that will be released for christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment