Laura Crapo aka Laura Borealis

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm going to play at CMW in March and I'm not totally sure who's accompanying for that show, but I hope to have a venue that will allow quiet music. Last year that festival had the best programming. like-minded bands on the same bill. Still hunting for a show in the states. The ten year not playing in the states will end. I get most of my myspace visitors from the UK and Australia, though, if that's supposed to guide me in terms of touring. People say it's too expensive to tour in the UK. I know when I've gone to see shows in Paris, the audience listened. I did call out at a Paris Will Oldham show "baby Jessica", which maybe wasn't cool- but I had seen him act in the role of her dad in the made for tv movie a couple times by chance. It was fashion week and Cat Power was in attendance. when i walked out, Terry Richardson walked in. Woman in floppy hat on his arm. The UK is the home of my favorite music. 60's and 70's. But I also love the bee gee's, so australia's in there too.
I'm goin to perform my favorite songs at CMW. Hope it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment