Laura Crapo aka Laura Borealis

Thursday, January 14, 2010


Other things of importance- sunken livingrooms with built-in furniture, ballroom dancing for pleasure in non-competitive environments and the montreal Canadiens. I went to two games this season, (first NHL game I ever saw) and whatever hockey fever I had from playing street hockey with my neighbour's friends was pushed to 11 when I saw them play live. I even wrote a song about it-in french for my band Le Look. I got my son on the zamboni during a game, and we were gestured by the hostess to stand right at the glass for 15 minutes. Pure heaven seeing them play up close and use the boards as brakes. Then.. I got to meet Maxim LaPierre and Georges Laraque at the screening of Earthlings . I instantly became vegetarian after seeing it and knew I would never buy leather again. It was difficult to bear witness to the suffering that animals experience due to their contact with humans. After cutting out meat from my diet, I feel a lot better physically, too. So my diet and my music have changed since seeing a live NHL game.

No comments:

Post a Comment