Laura Crapo aka Laura Borealis

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I've been noticing what an awesome song the star spangled banner is. I'm pretty into it. And upping my ability to play covers- so far have like four memorized. Louvin bros, carole king, and the rolling stones. and one kinks song. I'm just at the gate of learning how to roam on the fretboard to be able to play more varied stuff, thanks to a couple of kind gents who were willing to sit down and talk me through the theory behind soloing. but so far it only makes sense in my head, although, when i play with another guitarist and we trade off solos, i don't do too bad. It's just a matter of time till i'm wailing solos like those people i admire. i hope.
The only other news is I might try doing stand up at an open mic some time soon. Not with a lot of expectation, but more to vent on a few music issues. If I do it, i'll record it and post it. regardless of my achievement level.

No comments:

Post a Comment