Laura Crapo aka Laura Borealis

Monday, October 25, 2010

Last night I was lucky enough to catch the Sloan and Golden Dogs show at cabaret just for laughs. What a cute space. I had never been inside before. I thought it was going to be a huge room, but it was more like a venice, it. neighbourhood theatre, but like less decorated. Sorry i'm talking about architecture, but it's so rare a music venue is made to suit watching music, in canada, that it was a real welcome surprise. maybe it's my favorite hall in montreal. sala rosa kicks ass, but you got to love the balcony at CJFL.
anyway, it was great to see andrew and chris and jay and patrick. I like patrick's hair all silver. i guess i saw a lot of Sloan shows 15 to 20 years ago, whenever that was.. and it was really nice to see how everyone's changed and stayed the same. Andrew has a strong bright aura that is only magnified by his clear drums and white hair, it's like there should be a film of him performing to capture that. It's something else. he's a crazy good musician. Chris was really funny, as usual, and it's nice he plays the same bass from forever ago.
Anyway, I know those guys too well to get into all the reasons why the show was awesome. I didn't expect to go out that night. what a pleasure it was to see them perform. I took some video of Underwhelmed and one of Andrew's, maybe i'll post it or, well, if it's in focus.

I really appreciated the Golden Dogs set. It's nice to see a real band play real music. I had never heard of them before, and I was glad to check it out.

I hope Sloan puts on a four night series of shows where each band member has his own night of just his songs. That'd be really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment